Sunday, November 22, 2009

Bon Appétit

I have been cooking. Haven't posted about it in awhile. But rest assured, I have been cooking. Some of my recent feats have been chocolate chip cookies, mannicotti, spaghetti and meatballs, pork stew with parsnips and butternut squash, apple cake, and that's about all I can think of right now. Sunday night's meal was Boeuf a la bourguignonne (AKA beef burgundy). It's a dish I have been wanting to make for a long time - just never got around to it. I was inspired to make it after finally seeing Julie & Julia this past Saturday night. Each of them make the dish in the movie and I decided it was time to give it a try. It is not a terribly difficult dish. It just requires some extra steps and care to develop the rich flavor. I also had the opportunity to use my Le Creuset dutch oven - always a pleasure to use.





3 comments:

  1. Yummy!!!! I want a green pot like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They come in many other colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made apple cake too! I got the recipe from that food blog that I've been following. The pork stew with butternut squash and parsnips sounds amazing!

    I got back from Nawlins yesterday and your present was there waiting for me :) I love, love, love it! It is beautiful. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete