Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Julie & Julia

So, have you seen the previews for Julie & Julia? If not, you need to check this out: Julie & Julia Trailer

Anyway, in the movie Julie is inspired by food and decides to cook her way through Julia Child's cookbook and blog about it. It gave me the idea to do the same thing, but with The Joy of Cooking. My Grandma Jen gave me the 75th Anniversary edition of this book a few years ago for Christmas and it is my favorite and most cherished cookbook (and I have many!). The 75th edition even includes a note from Julia Child herself. So, it must be meant to be.
Each month I will choose a chapter to experiment with and cook some of the recipes from that chapter. And then I will blog about it. I start next week. Stay posted :)

Love you Jen!


1 comment: