To kick-off the new year, we went up to the cabin in Georgia to spend time with family and good friends. There was a lot of fun, music, and cold cold weather. We had good times. We went to Athens, Helen and back - did not eat German food, checked out the townsquare in Dahlonega, had a steak party, cheered on the Gators, played dueling ukes, and some good quotes from the weekend. I will need some help with this, but here are my favorites:
Brian (trying not to look up): Uhhh, pants...
I am not sure who said the following, it may have been everyone -
'Look, it's Capt. Dickle!' or 'Guess who got Dickled' or 'Oh, Dickle...'
'Dude, I totally lost my broner'
'Who gets shot on New Year's?!?'
Now onto 2010!! Time to think about New Year's Resolutions and goals for the year. I have my usual goals, like exercising regularly, eating healthier, reading more (real literature, not scientific literature), writing more (you'd be shocked at the amount of time I spend writing based upon my apparent disdain of proper grammar in this blog :), expanding my cooking skills, get more dives under my belt, revisit my golf game, more knitting, spinning, and sewing projects, etc, etc. But these I consider to be things I will always work on, not just for a year, but lifelong goals. For this year, I want to try a new goal and hopefully it will stick for years to come. I even have a motto for it - 'Waste not, Want not'.
I know it's cliche, but I think it just what I need right now. I have always been resourceful and creative, especially in the kitchen (no thyme, no problem), but I want to try just a little bit harder. I want to really use what I already have. And more importantly, really enjoy what I already have. So, what does this mean?
First, the most precious commodity of all - TIME. I will make more of an effort not to waste time, but to use it effectively, because this is also the year to get things done! This does not mean I won't relax and have fun. It means I will set schedules and goals each week and strive to be more productive.
Next, I want to use what I have. For instance, I want to get through as much of my yarn stash as possible this year (I know Matt will love reading this). I am a known yarn hoarder. There, I said it... I will still occasionally buy yarn if I need it for an ongoing project or if I absolutely cannot resisit and it may be my only opportunity to secure some really fabulous yarn (maybe I should just say 'exclusions apply'), but I will still make a concerted effort to use what I have. This also goes for books, games, clothing, and other randomness around the house.
Lastly, this will help us know what we 'want not', so we can get rid of things we do not need or want. And finally have an organized and clutter-free home, which is the final and ultimate goal for the year.
Ah yes....good times!! SO MUCH FUN!!
ReplyDelete:-) I had fun going through the emails again for the quotes. I was again laughing out loud at my desk and Matt turned to look at me like I was crazy. Really - who laughs at their computer screen? I do - and quite often!
ReplyDelete