Monday, February 15, 2010

Christmas ain't over till the beer is gone


Finally, after 2 months of search and consumption, I have finished the Tour de Christmas Beer 2009. For those that don't know, the motivation for the vast collection of holiday cheer came via last year's Christmas present from Melonie; a book all about Christmas beer. So with the help of my brother Jay, best friend Marc, and father-in-law Harry, I was able to procure and sample 33 different Christmas beers ranging in style from Belgian Strong Ale to ESB to Saison. My favorites though came from the classic holiday style, "Winter Warmer." Topping the list was Anchor's Our Special Ale, followed by Ipswich WInter Ale, Wyerbacher Winter Ale, and Landcaster Winter Warmer Ale.
In my opinion these beers embody the winter ale style, with unique flavor profiles containing chocolate, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Thanks again to Jay, who provided 50% of the winners. In all the adventure was quite successful, although I may be hard pressed to do it again. Although we did see there is a winter beer fest in Pennsylvania every year...

No comments:

Post a Comment